Together with its consulting partners, the Chair conducted a review of executive education provision, based on a study of the market for university courses on the subject of economic regulation and governance. On the basis of this study, the Chair's added value in executive education was confirmed, on the basis of the wide range of content it already offers and the diversity of expertise it brings together, at academic, technical and entrepreneurial levels.
Generally speaking, it appeared essential to :
- facilitate access to a sufficient number of participants ;
- enhance the link between the expertise of practitioners, on the one hand, and the academic frameworks and the production of ideas and analyses by the Chair and its ecosystem, on the other.
In practical terms, a hybrid offering (face-to-face/remote) will make it possible to manage the availability of managers and decision-makers.
The programme therefore combines :
- content accessible online on the fundamentals of regulation, as well as its technical aspects, requiring teaching rather than discussion ;
- interactive sessions to develop exchanges between participants and between them and the experts, particularly at the introduction to the online modules, and at mid-training and at the end of the course.
34 pilot videos have been filmed with the Chair's partner consultants and members of the Regulators' Club.
The content of these videos is organised into 6 main approaches:
- The General Principles of Regulation
- The political economy of regulation
- The institutional framework of regulation and its challenges
- Digital regulation
- Sectoral regulation
Each block is then divided into themes (1 to 5 per block) and each theme into several lesson topics. Each subject is the subject of at least 3 videos, each 10 minutes long.
The videos can be watched within the framework of a given theme and independently of their related subject, since they can be combined according to the audience's needs for further study. The online library is currently under construction.