Regulatory Approaches and Tools to meet the Decarbonization Challenge
CONFERENCE CO-ORGANIZED BY DAUPHINE CLUB OF REGULATORS AND OECD-NETWORK OF ECONOMIC REGULATORS
Decarbonization requires major investments by operators in regulated industries, which need to reshape infrastructures to adapt them to different technologies and evolving users needs. This conference will be aimed at discussing how various regulators from different countries can facilitate funding for these investments, while guaranteeing efficiency of choices and a fair distribution of costs and benefits among the various stakeholders.
Among the challenges faced by regulators are: the writing-off of past investments or, in case of conversion to any alternative role, the pricing of the new services ; the coordination of regulatory policies across industries requested by sector coupling ; the conflicting objective of guaranteeing moderate price evolution to the users and the guarantee of funding the investments allowing decentralization of energy and mobility systems ; the necessity to incite users to adopt more responsible behaviours ; the uncertainty characterizing these major transformations due to the incomplete knowledge about the economics of alternative technological scenarios and about the social acceptation, etc.
The conference will be introduced by two keynote speeches aimed at highlighting the stakes and the constraints facing regulators and industry operators. The strategies implemented by several regulators in various network industries in different regions will then be presented.
Keynote speeches from :
- Simone Borghesi | Director of the Florence School of Regulation-Climate, European University Institute
- Patrice Geoffron | Director, Energy-Climate Center, and Director, Center for geopolitics of energy and raw materials, Paris Dauphine-PSL University
Regional/Countries Regulators speeches from:
1/ Energy sector overview
- Annegret Groebel | President, Council of European Energy Regulators (CEER), UE
- Martin Cave | Chair, Office for Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem), UK
- Elisa Kahl and Monique Coenraad-van der Zande | Senior Economists, Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM), Netherlands
2/ Multi-sectors overview
- Wei Shiuen Ng | Advisor on Sustainable Transport and Global Outreach, International Transport Forum (ITF), OECD
- John Evans | Director of Strategy and Economics, Commision for Communications Regulation (ComReg), Ireland
- Nisarg Hirani | General Manager for Transformation, Scottish Water, UK
- Dominique Jamme | Managing Director, Commission de Régulation de l'Energie (CRE), France, and President of the Club of Regulators
| REGISTRATION | Manage your inscription through this link and you will receive a confirmation email from the Livestorm platform with an access to the event (also check your spams if you don't receive it)